Just got off the phone with Dan.  Still in hospital receiving fluids.  They did a scan on his kidneys and thankfully they are fine and no damage or cancer detected there.  His numbers keep going up with the fluids which is a good thing.  He is eating too...as long as they remember to give him the damn food!  They asked him yesterday what he wanted for dinner and instead of the sandwich, chips and milk he requested, he instead received packages of crackers. 😠 That is ALL he had yesterday to eat.

Then this morning he was supposed to get breakfast.  And when he kept asking where it was, they found it in the hall where it was for TWO hours.  He ate it cold as he was so hungry.

He obviously cannot wait to get home because as you may know, it's almost impossible trying to sleep in hospitals.  He is in an Atrium type room with 40 recliners and that is where he will be staying until most likely, tomorrow.  I had also spoken to his doctor and he reiterated what Dan had told me about his progress.

Dan is mentally still doing well under the circumstances.

Meanwhile, I'm at home cleaning and sanitizing after our horrible bout with the stomach flu. It's lonely here but at least I'm keeping busy.

I plan on posting this blog link on Facebook now that we know conclusively, his prognosis.  His other friends and family as well as mine, I'm sure, would want to know...if they do not already.

I'll post more updates as I receive them.

Thank you to everyone for your love, encouragement and support.  We couldn't do this journey without you! 💖

Comments

  1. I'm so earnestly praying for him and you. God is on control

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was floored when I read about Dan's prognosis. Please know that you and Dan are in my prayers for the best possible outcome for Dan. We were like brothers when we worked together and had a lot of great times together. Again, you both will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking and praying for you both!!! Love you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Confusing Day

Looking Good

Such Support!